Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Half Earth Tonight

The visible sliver of the moon that was out last night was beautiful. I always enjoy staring off into space, it seems to put everything in perspective. How insignificant my problems and all of the rituals of life we feel we need to follow really are. I imagine myself standing on the moon and watching the waxing and waning of the earth. Oh, it is a half earth out tonight or oh my look its a full earth tonight. Its blue reflection echoing in space. I don't know why I find that thought so peaceful and beautiful but I do.

My life is a grain of sand on a timeline that wraps around the earth 5 times.

2 comments:

Rocketstar said...

Here, here. It's maybe the best thing about living in Denver. The sky is so amazingly clear here 30 minutes outside of downtown Denver at 6200 ft above sea level.

Our night sky is so amazing. About a month or two ago we went out side and watched the International Space Station fly accross the sky.

Ma said...

Ahhhh Moon!!!!!
(instead of Amen of course)