Thursday, August 13, 2009

Four Boxes of Liberty

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. If we are serious about the cause of freedom and defense against tyranny in this world we would be well to be reminded they should be used in that order.

This blog is my soap box.

Chances are if you are reading this you have your own soap box.

Billions of soap boxes around the planent.

Sometimes I like to imagine all of the posts that have ever been writen printed and staples to the trees in our citys center.

Imagine the power of that message, the power of the human thought translated via digital signals.

The blog.

The modern day bullhorn.

Your microphone turned on to the billion people online everyday.

What do you say?

9 comments:

Sornie said...

I say people need to be more open, accepting and willing to trust others - there are almost always two paths to the destination and one is usually easier and wiser than the other. However, in our culture, the person talking the loudest is the one that gets heard - regardless of their message.

Rocketstar said...

I am working on a post right now on how the right wing republicans are ALREADY reaching for the ammo, seriously!

Aunt Katherine said...

"Action is the antidote to anger." Joan Baez

Emily said...

Nothing profound....just food :)

Jenn'fer said...

Whatever is on my mind at that moment.. .all the way from gardening to politics to poetry... but I think I soap box most about politics...that gets me most riled up!

Bill From Gainesville said...

I think of my blog as an earing hole in my earlobe. It is a tiny little thing, but if I didnt have it I couldn't wear earrings at all. (and that is strictly a metaphor)

Bill From Gainesville said...

I think of my blog as an earing hole in my earlobe. It is a tiny little thing, but if I didnt have it I couldn't wear earrings at all. (and that is strictly a metaphor)

Maggie Moo said...

I say I've got me a little stalker from my soapbox. It's actually kind of freaky...thanks to Boston.com posting my blog on their front page a couple of months ago I have lots of local readers now...and well, that's cool, but also scary. One guy emailed me to say he rode the T with me!

This other guy is just...weird.

Ed Howdershelt said...

Thanks for quoting me.
"There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order."-Ed Howdershelt