Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Chalk on the Sidewalk

I was taking a long walk on Sunday and came across a few of the childhood carefree signs of summer. Chalk painting on the side walks and children laughing and playing a game that they made up.

If I was sucker I would say I longed for life to be simpler, more carefree, like the way it was when I was 10, but I know better now.

Life was never easy or carefree.

It just appeared that way because someone was sheltering me from the problems and burdens of life. It was a mirage. A well orchestrated play.

After carrying these burdens myself for so long though I do realize that even though it got all fucked up along the way and never really ended up how it should I can at least sit back and appreciate the effort and say thanks.

3 comments:

Jenn'fer said...

Biz - there's no rule that says you can't draw pretty pictures on the sidewalk when you get home today.... continuing the mirage might be a good idea for a while!

Rocketstar said...

As we get older, we all replace the chalk with exercise, sports, gambling and mind altering chemicals or at least that is what I have done.

We all have our chalk, they just don't mask real life for as long as I'd like.

Ma said...

what makes you think it isn't as it should be.... and why are you saying "ended up how it should" like it's all over and you're gonna die tomorrow?
you still have time for lots of things to become the way you want them to be..... plus don't forget that sometimes the way it should be isn't quite the way you want it to be