Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Those Who Fail History

One of the things I was most acutely aware of during the last election was the plethora of business people who said that if a specific candidate was elected they were going to be forced to lay-off staff. Some notable ones included Papa John’s CEO. It seems to be walking a fine line of voter intimidation and free speech.

In catching up on my DVR I watched the whole series of the Men Who Built America. (Great series BTW). It was interesting to see the same issue in the McKinley election. As Carnegie, Rockefeller and Morgan applied pressure to sway the election.

One thing I would have liked to do is write down all the CEO’s who made statements and compare the numbers of employees at 1-3-5-10 years post election but that seemed like too much work and I have been too tired lately.

No comments: