Monday, September 27, 2021

Under the Lights

My son is on his second season of football and absolutely loving it. It is not a sport I ever pictured him playing for some reason but it is something he cant seem to get enough of. 

I am not sure the reason for it but seeing my kids play sports and hearing them laugh and compete is one of my favorite things in the world. 

I think I enjoy watching them play more then I actually liked to play. 

He got a chance to play under the lights for his first time last week. Which was a big deal since the game started around out usual bed time. 

Seeing his face light up as they took the field was priceless. 

No fear. No worries. Just excitement to be there in that moment and play. 

I hope that feeling never leaves his side. 

In a weird feeling I felt my dad watching that game through me. Like we were somehow together transcending time and space to fulfill what he would have wanted to do with me. 

My wife in a chair next to me. My daughter curled in a blanket in my arms. There was something so complete about that moment I am not sure how to put it into words. 


No comments: