Friday, March 02, 2007

Brian's Tator-Tot Hotdish

How Minnesotan is this? To this day one of my favorite things to make and eat is tator tot hotdish....there are lots of variations on this but here is mine:) Enjoy

Ingredients
1 Bag of tots or hashbrowns or fries
1 Lb Ground Beef, cooked and well drained
2 Cans cream of Mushroom, (Don't add water to the soup just the soup)
2 Cans French Cut Green Beans
1 Can Whole Kernal Sweet Corn
1/2 Tablespoon Each Garlic Powder, Pepper, Lawerys Seasoning Salt
(You can also use two cups of ex-sharp cheddar cheese but since cheese gives me the runs I omit it from my reciepe unless I am making it for company)

Instructions
Mix beef, soup, vegetables and spices in a bowl along with half of the bag of tator tots. Pour mixture into a baking dish. Cover the top of the mixture with the remaining tator tots throw it in a preheated oven @ 350f for thirty minutes or until the tots on the top are nice and brown.

Then enjoy

3 comments:

Rocketstar said...

Sounds good, my version woul dremove the corn, add onions and insert a few jalopena peppers.

Sarah said...

yummy! god, now i want to go to the store and buy all that stuff. it's perfect for the weather we've been having, huh?

Brianinmpls said...

it is perfect I also made some Chili yesterday that hit the spot .

That is a good call on the peppers I might need to add those in