Friday, August 03, 2007

How to Talk to a Widower

I did something I haven't done in a long time last night. I sat down and read a whole book in one sitting. It is not normally a book that I would like but once I started How to Talk to a Widower by Johnathon Tropper I couldn't put it down. It is a novel about grief and it is at once the funniest and most enlightened look at the subject I have seen in a while.

I was instantly transported back to being 10 years old and finding out my dad just died.

I just love reading there is nothing better then just finding an hour or two to just get lost in good book. I honestly believe reading has saved my life and taught me to think and see the world differently.

3 comments:

the Book of Keira said...

I'm with you... a good book solves all of my problems :-)

Lisa said...

I don't think I've ever sat and read a book in one sitting...although...if I could that would be awesome.

I'm gonna check out this book.

Have a great weekend!

Dem Soldier said...

Yo..done with summer school...may be now I will time to read what I don't have to....lol.