Monday, February 16, 2009

Weekend ReCap

Friday

One of the most perfect days I can remember.

My phone broke so I went into Verizon and got a new phone for free:) I still don't know how to use it but I am learning.

Got a call from the manager at Tires Plus that he had a deal on the tires I have been hounding him for ....cheaper then even my lowest offer!! So I got four new tires:) Seriously I have been sliding around all winter on the baldest tires you have ever seen so it was such a good feeling to have that taken care of I cant even tell you.

Off to the Loop for Happy Hour.

To Sapor for dinner seriously the lamb with Jamaican yogurt sauce is off the hook.

Bev's for a nice glass of wine.

Tailgate:)


Saturday

It was a cultural event day and getting back in touch with my Swedish Heritage I traveled to the Swedish Institute. To be honest it was alright it was a pretty cool mansion, the glass blowing exhibit was cool, and there was something about a lot of sweaters that I didn't quite get, but I am glad I went and checked it out.

Then off to sample some fine German cuisine and beer at the Black Forest Inn and by fine I mean dirty..seriously I don't know if I just walked in here on the wrong day but I will will never walk back in again to find out.

Went to Macs Industrial to was the germs out of my mouth with lots of booze...classic Valentines day:)

Sunday

Read: Emotions Revealed: Recognizing Faces and Feelings to Improve Communication and Emotional Life, by Paul Ekman. This book has been quoted by just about everybody and after reading it I can see why. It was kind of the Red Queen of emotions. Being the un-empathetic prick that I am this book will actually probably help be more in touch with people.

Typed 10 pages for my class.

Watched The Diving Bell & The Butterfly and it was one of the most beautiful movies I have ever seen.

No comments: