Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Interesting Encounter

Was looking to farm out some side work to a contractor for a couple months and have been interviewing candidates. In an interesting twist one of the people I interviewed was someone who I went to high school with. I didn’t recognize the name at first but he was someone a bit older who ran with the cooler, wealthier kids. Someone who would not have talked to me in years past. It was an awkward interview to say the least. I don’t think he knew who I was which was actually flattering. It made me think a lot about where I was then and where I am now.

1.)I was mean to a lot of people due to some insecurity about myself. For anyone who might stumble in here who I ever made feel small I am sorry.

2.)Minneapolis is the biggest small city in the world.

3.)I feel 80% bad for and 20% envy for people who have had the same group of friends since high school.

4.)I have come a long way, it wasn’t easy and or pretty but man it feels good.

No comments: