Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Random Thoughts

Quote
"The more you hurry the less time you have." My Grandpa used to say this to me all the time and I finally just fully realized what it means. I wish he was still alive so I could tell him.

Musing
If sex wasn't enjoyable would the human race become extinct?


Prediction
In the future there will be huge magnets on the side of the highway that will suck your car over and give you a ticket if you are speeding or have left your blinker on for more then one mile.

Love
There is a quote in the book 100 years of solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez has come the closest to what I would used to describe love "Both looked back then on the wild revelry, the gaudy wealth, the unbridled fornication as an annoyance and they lamented that it had cost them so much of their lives to find the paradise of shared solitude...they enjoyed the miracle of loving each other at the table as much as in the bed"

Solace
One of my favorite words:) Def. comfort in sorrow, misfortune, or distress. I used to associate this with a negative meaning of settling or giving up, but there is beauty in finding peace in yourself even as the world crumbles around you in heartache and suffering and even though it may be only a consolation to what you really want, consolations have there own blessings.

Profile Pictures
If you have to stand sideways, lean forward and hold a camera over your head at an angle to make it look like you have boobs in your head shot profile picture you may want to dig deeper into your personal attributes and find one that you actually have....because chances are boobs are not really one of them.

4 comments:

Rocketstar said...

"If sex wasn't enjoyable would the human race become extinct"
-- Yes

"Shared Solitutde"
--- That is awesome! A perfect way to describe it.

the Book of Keira said...

I shall have you know that not only do I HAVE boobs, but they are prominantly displayed in my profile pic.

If sex wasn't enjoyable, would the human race become extinct?

I doubt it. We humans would just find a way to make it enjoyable or everyone would just use invitro.

I love your selection on describing love. It beats the shit out of Corinthians anyday.

Grandpa.... hugs to Grandpa. Even though he probably had hangy balls.

Brianinmpls said...

I wish I could post the examples of the girls who do this. There are three girls that I know in real life who are well not very curvy but they strike this awkward pose constantly to make it look like they have boobs in pictures..for some reason it gets me. There are plenty of guys who are backside fans and leg men...not to mention interested in your personality who don't really care what is on the shelf...I know cause I am one of them:)

He probably did that is where I genetically get mine from..lol

Mags said...

Regarding the magnets-I always think (for years, actually) about magnets when I'm stuck in traffic. If cars had opposite poles on the in front and back then it would be IMPOSSIBLE to ever have accidents or traffic. You just wouldn't get so close.

But then, you'd go to the store and all of the carts would fly at you.

But you could have gates in each parking lot that desensitize the magnets while in the lot, therefore allowing the cars to park near each other too.

See? I've thought of this. I'm a genius. I know. ;)