Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Recommendation: The World Without Us

Recommendation: The World Without Us by Alan Weisman
Even days after I have finished reading this I can still not get the images described out of my head. It is there whenever I look at a house or building, it is there at the gas station and when I pick up anything plastic.

This book went off like an atom bomb in my mind that is leaking radioactive rays into my life's reality. One of ways that I use to judge a book is how vivid my dreams are after I am done reading it, this one has been off the charts.

It is a monument to the fallacy of man, to our arrogance, to the little blue dot we call home. It is a meme that is capable of changing the world and I would like to invite all of you to take a look.

The only downside on it from a research standpoint was that it didn't have very clear notation to follow how some of the material was collected, used and sited.

Aside from that it was one of the best I have read in a while.

No comments: