Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Rewinding People

Where the Rubber Meets the Road

If you ever doubt that we are creatures of habit stop rotating your tires.

Your day to day routine begins to show up. The path you take to work everyday. The same right, right, right, left turns burned into a pattern of you across the top side of your Michelin grippers.

You can look at a persons tires, the type, how they maintain them, etc. you can and almost rewind the last 60,000 miles of their life.

I love looking at peoples bodies the same way. The calluses, the wrinkles, the muscle tone, the fat deposits, the ticks, the eyes, the movement. I like to look at them and rewind their life in my head. The life that lead them to appear in front of me at a given moment.

5 comments:

Rocketstar said...

Interesting.

Mich said...

hmmm thats pretty deep....

Jenn'fer said...

I know on certain days I feel like I have tire treads down my back - funny, they feel like the come from some GM car!

Ma said...

I know rocket already said it but he stole my comment.... haha

interesting

Kristi said...

I like this thought.