Sunday, April 01, 2007

The New Hot Spot - Bestsy's Back Porch

Ok so it is not super hot, but it is a very chill place to hang out and talk. I found this out since my neighbors have decided to be little bitches and lock down their wireless ports.
I have taken to walking my ass down to the corner coffee shop to write and use their wi-fi. This has had several added unsuspecting benefits like I have met a few other writers and just some generally cool people. They have good food in descent portions so I am not eating bar food all the time. They have good coffee and with the added bonus of wine and beer. Just a whole nother scene that I am kind of digging it is a great place for doing homework on the week nights and just hanging out in on the weekends. If you are ever in my hood lets go down and hang. I am actually even trying to get my boss to let me work from there during the day.

But this really isn't what I want to talk about. I have started to have this amazing feeling over the course of the last two years. The better I get to know myself the more any place I go feels like home....isn't that weird?

I used to feel only comfortable in certain places and situations now I feel good everywhere....anyone else ever had that experience? Like after all this time I finally feel comfortable even proud of being me?




Picture of my haircut....faces only changed to protect the innocent

6 comments:

Sarah said...

ladies man!

Rocketstar said...

Dude, it's a long time coming, you should have had that feeling a long time ago.

the Book of Keira said...

The haircut is hot.

And, I must say that the place you hang out sounds pretty awesome. I'd totally dig it.

I'm not feeling so comfortable, yet. I move so often and you'd think I'd be used to it,but it seems that my comfort level in life is based on the happiness of those around me. When everyone starts to fall apart, I spazz and get all anxious. It has little to do with location.

Mags said...

I love that you are feeling that way, but also love that you shared it. Verbalizing it and making it real means you really mean it.

Yay for you!!! And when I move to Mpls (you know, for all the hot guys) you and I will hang.

LOL.

Anonymous said...

Love the haircur Brian! :) You look very happy in this pic.

Anonymous said...

The hair looks good. You look happy and hot!!!