Monday, April 23, 2007

The Difference Between Men and Women #587

Pictures of family on top of the toilet.

I realize that this is an area where men and women differ a little. Now I don't mind looking at something when I pee but there is something weird about looking at pictures of people I know when I do it. (Especially pictures of grandma, sisters and parents)

1.) They are watching me.
2.) It can lead to inappropriate thoughts.
3.)I just don't like it.

Now I know when women sit down it might be comforting to have a cheering section of loved ones who have your back, but please think of us...we have to look them in the face while we carry out our business, so when decorating just stick to something from pier one or pottery barn interesting enough to look at but not get creeped out by.

That is all....

8 comments:

Rocketstar said...

Agreed, no family photos in the bathroom anywhere.

Mags said...

No effing way.

Pictures of people in general-even if they are in artistic photos and you don't know them-is unacceptable in the potty room.

No way. Perhaps that makes me manly. I dunno-but that's just crazy.

(Does this mean I can pee standing up from now on? That would be sweet)

Thomas said...

Whenever my wife goes out of town, I post a pic of Vanilla Ice in our bathroom. It comforts me for some reason.

the Book of Keira said...

I have nothing on top of my toilet other than dessert.

However, I DO have pictures on the wall. They are of each of my kids when they were babies in the tub with rubber duckies and shit. I thought they were cute... now I am wondering..lol.

Colette said...

No pictures of people where you pee, or poo for that matter since the toilet is a frequent spot for that too. Blame it on the fact that I have 3 older brothers if you want. ;)

Mags, we don't want to stand up (or at least I wouldn't want to), then our aim may be as poor as the men's. We wouldn't want that would we? Ewwww... Ha ha.

Mags said...

True that, Lil Sis...it would be stellar though on road trips...

dawnmarie said...

I have pictures in my bathroom, they're on a shelf that only shaq would be able to see were he peeing in my bathroom. The rest of you are safe.

Colette said...

Mags..so right you are! Speaking of roadtrips, I will be on one in 3 weeks and indeed it would be stellar. hee hee hee...