Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Walking In to the Room

 I learned how not to walk into a room last night. I was invited to retirement party at a local country club for someone I greatly admire,  our outgoing CEO. Room was filled with colleagues, board members, other members of the club. 

It was 80 degrees in Minneapolis and I didn't think much of my attire and plan for the evening. 

Walked in in shorts and a polo to a suit and tie event. 

I have been stared at plenty of times walking into a room and I have never felt uncomfortable or uneasy about it until today. 

I needed that room today. It showed me I have gotten cocky. I wasn't ready. I have more to learn about my game at the next level. 

While I felt awkward at the time. I left feeling hungry for taking myself to the next level. 

I will never walk into room unprepared again. 




Till we meet again.









No comments: